How Do I Automatically Install Missing Drivers in Windows® 8
Many people that installed Windows® 8 on their computer don’t have a manufacturer’s CD or DVD to download the drivers for this operating system. This is important to those users who install Windows® 8 on an older computer and need to install the Windows® 8 missing drivers. Installing these drivers also might be needed by those who bought a pre-installed Windows® 8 laptop or PC, but need to do a reinstall.
Manufacturers usually add the drivers on their sites for users to easily access and download. Read the instructions below to learn how to access and install the Windows® 8 missing drivers through the action center icon on your computer system.
Instructions for automatically installing drivers in Windows® 8:
- In the bottom right of the computer screen in the Desktop view of Windows® 8, you should see a small flag, which is called the “action center icon”. Click it to open the action center.
- If the action center finds drivers are missing from your system, it will show you which ones under the “Maintenance” section. For information, click the “View message details” button.
- For each of the missing drivers, click the direct download link to start the process.
- Run the downloaded file.
- Simply proceed with the installation as directed and your drivers will be installed.
- Protect your privacy
- Keep confidential information safe
- Stop snoops from spying on you!
Full IT Glossary
Top Rated Articles
Most Popular Articles